Subscribe to Pacesetter

Wrestling season comes to a close

Kristen R., Staff Reporter
February 14, 2012
Filed under Sports

The wrestling season is coming to a close, and for the seniors it’s the end to a great high school experience. With senior night a success for the team, we reach a couple matches left before the end of the season.

Junior Robby B. states, “We’ve lost and won some, but the season’s been really great. I’m really going to miss the two seniors, Tre M. and Nolan V. They were awesome and I wish them the best of luck as they enter a new stage in their lives.”

Tre M. is a senior at Pelham High School and has had success with every match he has wrestled in. “It’s an unbelievable feeling when you win and I’m really going to miss that. I’m glad I could wrestle my final year and have such a great turnout. I’m excited to see what the rest of the season has to bring,” senior Tre M. told the staff.

Unfortunately for the seniors, there aren’t anymore home games left; it’s a bittersweet ending for the seniors, but there are more games to come.                                                                                                                                                      “I’ve had a blast on the Pelham Wrestling team. I’ve made a lot of friends and it’s going to be hard to say goodbye. Tre and I finished the season strong, but we couldn’t do it without the others,” said senior Nolan V.

The next few matches with take place this at Prattville, Grissom, Thompson, and Clay-Chalkville. For more information on places and times, please visit: http://www.pelhamwrestling.com/schedule.html.                                                          

Come out and support the panthers as they strive to bring home the victory!