Subscribe to Pacesetter

Dark Chocolate can be healthy

Taylor P., Staff Reporter
February 16, 2012
Filed under News

Dark Chocolate can actually be good for the human heart.  Chocolate is made from a dark plant that has many health benefits. These benefits are flavonoids, which act like antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from aging; this can cause many heart problems.

Dark chocolate contains a large number of antioxidants; this is nearly 10 times more than the number found in strawberries. Dark chocolate is good for your heart. A small piece of dark chocolate a day can actually help the heart the cardiovascular system running smoothly. Low blood pleasure and low cholesterol can be a benefit from the dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is not as good for you’re the milk in the chocolate makes the chocolate very fattening.

“I do not really like dark chocolate because it taste is very strong” says Senior Kayla L.

“I have heard about dark chocolate being good for you, so I think that I am really going to try to start to like dark chocolate.” says Junior Josh B.

On every bar/box of dark chocolate purchased it tells the buyer how strong the coco beans are in the chocolate. So if people are trying to slowly like dark chocolate, than they need to start with a low percent of the coco beans and work their way up.  

“In home economics class last Thursday we made homemade dark chocolate frosting,” says PHS teacher Mrs. Neel.

Mrs. Neel’s Home economics class has been studding the world of chocolate for a week and half. The class learned were chocolate grows, how it is made, and how it is surprisingly good for the human heart. The students tried five different types of chocolate and a large percent actually realized how much they enjoyed the dark chocolate.