Subscribe to Pacesetter

New anatomy teacher replaces Ms. Thompson

Taylor P., Staff Reporter
January 19, 2012
Filed under News

There have been quite a few new teachers join Pelham High School since the Christmas break. One new teacher is Mr. Montgomery; he took over Ms. Thompson’s anatomy class. He graduated from J.C.I.B high school and received a scholarship to attended Troy University. Last semester he interned and taught Biology and Chemistry and really enjoyed his classes. He graduated from Troy University this past December with a degree in General Science Education, concentrating in Biology. This will be his first teaching job.

Mr. Montgomery has really enjoying his time at Pelham High School so far. The faculty and staff here at PHS have made it very easy for him to become acclimated to the school. His students have also helped out a great deal with his settling in, the students have been on their best behavior and cooperative with everything he asked of them. His favorite part about teaching is the students and he tries to make his class interesting as he can for his students.

Mr. Montgomery enjoys his life outside the classroom just as much inside the classroom. He has recently been gotten married and loves all the experiences and joys of being married. He very much enjoys sports; he will be helping out with the PHS freshman baseball team this year. He also enjoys playing the guitar, listening to music, and being outdoors.   

He is very excited about teaching at Pelham High School and hopes to be here for many years to come.